Laura was born in Barcelona. After studying Criminology, she was caught by the history of photography and the impact it had in society. In 2012 life took Laura to Edinburgh, city which gave her the opportunity to study a Bachelor of Arts in Photography.
She is interested in images and people, and how people consume images. Using both digital and analogue photograph she use the lens to reinterpret reality.
Laura is a creative photographer who likes turning ideas into colourful tableaux vivant type as an inspiration to bring photography beyond the depiction of reality to a more playful medium that communicates about out times.
She also finds poetry photographing nature.
She uses the camera to observe the world we live in, to understand where we are and to make statements with her photographs.
- Juny 2017 - March 2018 Photographer and Curator in Residence at Edinburgh College
- September 2018 Artistic Residence at Arteles Creative Center, Finland
- Juny 2018 - Project 18 "Fresh Focus" Group Exhibition at Stills Centre for Photography, Edinburgh
- May 2018 - "Artists at Work" Group Exhibition at National Galleries of Scotland, Edinburgh
- March 2018 - "The Colours We Eat" Solo Exhibition at The Creative Exchange in Leith, Edinburgh
- November 2017 - Jill Todd Photographic Award 2017 at Summerhall, Edinburgh
- July 2017 - Retina Scottish International Photography Festival as part of Emerging Talent at The Image Collective, Edinburgh
- July 2017 - AOP Student Awards at Mother London Advertising Agency, London
- June 2017 - Free Range Degree Show at The Old Truman Brewery, London
- June 2017 - "Exposed17" at The Out of the Blue Drill Hall, Edinburgh
- February 2017 - "One Night To Be Confused" Solo Exhibition at Cabaret Voltaire, Edinburgh
- June 2016 - "Exposed16" at The Out of the Blue Drill Hall, Edinburgh
- Jill Todd Photographic Award 2017 - Highly commended with "Food Nostalgia"
- AOP Student Awards 2017 - Finalist in People
- BIPP Scotland Student Awards 2017 - Silver in Advertising / Merit in Portraiture
- BIPP UK Student Awards 2017 - Runner-up Open with "The Deconstructed Self"
- Winner at Cabaret Voltaire OPEN CALL 2017 - Series "One Night To Be Confused"
- BIPP UK Student Awards 2016 - Winner Open with "The Mist" / Runner-up Open with "The Surreal Body"